Sunday, April 27, 2014

Quick update on infection

Brinley with Socks for her cold feet!
So it is an infection that little Brinley has and they are continuing to treat it with antibiotics. Her temperature is still elevated but not dramatically high and her respiration was a bit high so they adjusted her ventilator settings to make her more comfortable. Her blood sugar was low yesterday but is doing well now.

I got some good time with my littlest daughter from about 9:30-3:30 and Sarah got some good time with her in the evening. It's very tough to not be together and we won't be doing alternating visits every time but it is occasionally necessary. Some of our family were able to see her which is great!

I was reading to my 3 big girls this morning and I had the feeling that they weren't all there. I looked around and counted and realized that I was already expecting Brinley to be on my lap with the others so maybe God wants me ready for when we get to bring her home.

Keep praying that the infection will be fought off so she can recover and we can move on with testing and seeing what else is going on. Other than the infection affecting her she was breathing mostly without the assistance of the respirator, which is very good. She's got strong lunges.

Sarah and I will be headed over this afternoon to be with Brinley for a couple hours so we're excited for that. As always, thank you all so much for your support and prayers. Pray also that we can be an encouragement for the other NICU parents because we're not the only ones there. We'll be praying for the whole ward as we're there and believing that God can show up on a larger scale than expected.

My wife says I need to work on being concise so goodbye for now!

Peter

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping us updated so we can be precise in our praying! May God continue to strengthen you as you wait for Brinley's healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen to the previous comment! My thoughts exactly! Grace and peace to you in abundance! XOXO

    ReplyDelete