Monday, April 28, 2014

Continued Improvement and Being Vulnerable

Praise God, Brinley is getting over her infection! Her temperature is back to normal as is her heart-rate. She is still on 2 antibiotics (down from 3) and was much livelier today than the past couple of days. Her coloring is also much improved and she is now wearing clothes for the first time! We continue to wait until Thursday, the day she will most likely be having her big examination and possible surgery. Please pray as we get closer to that time that God will amaze us all!

Now, to the vulnerable part. Today was tough for both Sarah and me. There are times we feel greatly encouraged and times when we are feeling absolutely crushed and with barely an ounce of faith for healing. We plead with God, beg him to heal our little girl, believing He can but probably not really believing he will. Like I said, we're just being vulnerable. We are warring in our minds and contending for our faith right now more than I ever thought we would have the chance for in our lives. Nothing has the possibility of breaking me like my children hurting or sick.

There are moments of great fear for my little girl when I just have to pray and claim 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." I want to leave you with encouragement because I really do believe God can and will use this for something awesome, however painful it is getting there. God is good, of that I have no doubt. He can amaze us and my sincere hope is that He will do that with Brinley, but even if His plan is something else we will trust and love Him because, like Paul: "I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

Also, Brinley's eyes were open much more today. I got some one eye half open sleepy looks for about half a second but Sarah got some full on staring so there are also some awesome moments to our days! I also got a chance to decorate the sliding glass door to her room with a picture that Cailyn and Raina designed (I tried to transcribe as best I could)

1 comment:

  1. Peter and Sarah we are praying that you will be flooded by God's Presence and Peace.. and outpouring of His grace, favor. We continue to pray for Brinley's complete healing. Bob and Theresa

    ReplyDelete